Friday, October 5, 2007

My cousin loves gadgets

I have never seen anyone who buys more worthless inventions than he does.His latest toy is a hot chocolate maker that he ordered online. We have made chocolate the traditional Western way, we have made it like the Aztecs did -- pepper and no sugar -- and have even invented original chocolate recipes that no one else has ever thought of.

We love mocha lattes, chocolate covered espresso beans, and all other things chocolate. Therefore, when he got a hot chocolate maker, I thought that there might be something to it.

They keep the chocolate moving around, preventing it from sticking to the bottom.Nonetheless, if you are an experience chocolate connoisseur like myself and not someone who just throws in a mix, there really is no point.

A hot chocolate maker, like a rice cooker, is just another useless toy for amateurs who don't know how to cook.Don't get me wrong, there are some gadgets that are great. For example, I've always found that espresso comes out better when made with an espresso maker.

And just try steaming milk without a steamer -- it is almost impossible.In my opinion, you should be able to do almost everything with a few simple tools.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bottom line is, a gadget can never be useful until you know how to use it...